WEAVERS: Weaving the Good News into the fabric of our conversations.
A training and witnessing experience that is:
Biblical. Natural. Memorable. Personal. Portable. Practical. Adaptable.
- Do people’s eyes sometimes glaze over when you present the Gospel?
- Have you ever wondered how to turn obstacles to the Gospel into opportunities?
- When people don’t respond to the Gospel, have you ever wondered what to do next?
- Do people sometimes seem so overwhelmed with their problems that they can’t begin to think about eternity?
- Have you ever wondered how to share the Gospel with people of a completely different culture and religious background?
- Are you training or witnessing to oral learners, either locally or on mission trips?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, EE’s “Weavers” training is for you. Weavers uses a new-from-the-ground-up approach to practical training and witnessing that addresses these issues in the following ways:
- A highly interactive and participative training experience.
- Uses Bible stories for training as well as for Good News Encounters.
- Puts God’s Word at the center of conversation in a way that is personally relevant, culturally appropriate and memorable.
- Builds friendship and understanding.
- Is useful for multiple conversations.
- Is locally sustainable without expensive materials or technology.
- Has proven effective in both training and evangelism for people from dozens of diverse cultures and languages, and for illiterates as well as those with Master’s and PhD degrees.
Weavers has been developed through on-field experience in diverse cultures of the Americas and Asia for :
- “Oral learners” — those who learn and reason best through personal interaction and stories. Experts estimate that at least 2/3 of the world are oral learners.
- “Unreached peoples” — ethnic groups without an indigenous, self-propagating Christian church movement. The average person among them does not know the basic stories of Scripture that tell about God, people, grace, sin and faith. The culture often has its own stories about everything from creation to eternity.
Weavers has been developed especially to facilitate the “People Group” part of EE’s vision: “Every nation equipping every people group and every age group to witness to every person.” People groups are defined in terms of country, ethnicity, caste (where applicable) and 6500+ languages. Over 16,000 People Groups are listed by the Joshua Project, and over 6000 of those are “unreached” with the Good News of Jesus. The majority of them are “oral learners.”
Weavers trainings that are currently available:
- Weavers Level 1 – Personal Evangelism
- Weavers Level 2 – Personal Discipleship
- Weavers Teacher Training
WEAVERS: Putting the power of God’s Word at the center of the conversation.