Faith and Thanksgiving Go Hand-in-Hand posted by jwatson on Nov 21, 2014
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time for families to remember the many blessings that God has bestowed on all of us, especially God’s grace through Jesus Christ. This special holiday provides natural opportunities to share the Gospel. Here are a few ideas:
- Tell of the origins of the Thanksgiving holiday as pilgrims sought a land where they could worship the One true God
- Invite family members to a Thanksgiving service at your church
- Ask others what they are most thankful for. Then share how you are thankful for your relationship with God.
- If you dine out for Thanksgiving or while you Christmas shop, ask your waiter or waitress how you can pray for them before praying over the meal. Then hand them a Gospel tract.
Use Thanksgiving as a natural way to share the Good News. Along with enjoying grandma’s pumpkin pie, help others to “taste and see that the Lord is good.”
We can help you share your faith with these three wonderful Gospel tools:
- Get a free Gospel tract PDF download.
- Send our Steps to Life link to a family member or friend that includes the entire Gospel presentation.
- Our new eeHelps mobile Gospel App will help you be a better witness for Christ with electronic versions of our most popular questionnaires, our new Gospel tract plus other tools for witnessing and recording prayer activity. Available for free on Apple’s App Store and Google Play.