Finger Food for the Soul posted by jwatson on Jan 10, 2014
Using the five fingers of your hand, Share Your Faith Workshops from Evangelism Explosion International (EE) introduces a Gospel presentation that’s easy to learn and hard to forget. Here’s the presentation in a nutshell:
1) When a hitchhiker tries to get a free ride, he uses his thumb. The thumb represents grace, that Heaven is a free gift that is not earned or deserved. And that’s because of our sin . . .
2) When you point your index finger at someone there are three other fingers pointing back at you. This represents that we ALL have sinned and fall short of God’s glory.
3) The middle, tall finger represents our big God. He is both a holy, loving God and doesn’t want to punish us, but He is also a just God who must punish sin. But He solved this problem . . .
4) The fourth finger is the ring finger, which represents Christ, our bridegroom. God solved the problem of our sin through Jesus Christ who is both God and man. He died on the cross and rose from the dead to pay the penalty for our sins and secure a place in Heaven for us. So how do we receive this gift? . . .
5) The little, pinkie finger represents faith as small as a mustard seed. We receive this gift by faith. True saving faith is trusting in Jesus Christ alone for our eternal life.
Incorporating Bible verses and illustrations further clarifies this simple Gospel presentation. Jim Dykes, Pastor at North Asheville Baptist Church in Asheville, North Carolina, loves the Share Your Faith presentation of the Gospel so much that he had a life-sized hand on display during his training class.
Said Jim about being on the front lines sharing the Gospel through EE, “This is the pastor I have always wanted to be!”