Fishing Tip: Seed Thoughts posted by Ken Silva on Oct 21, 2011
Jesus said, “Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men.” What this means to me is, if I’m really following Jesus, I will be fishing with Jesus as well.
Following and Fishing go hand in hand. So here’s a tip for finding the hungry fish when you’re fishing.
Drop SEED THOUGHTS to discover open hearts.
You might want to try a couple of these…
- “Do you ever think about eternal issues?”
- “Do you know where you’re going?”
- “Have you ever thought God may have protected you?”
- “Have you ever thought God may have blessed you? Provided for you?”
- “Do you believe things that happen are often meant for a purpose?”
Then, follow up with a transition into your own belief on the particular issue and end with a confident statement about your assurance of eternal life. If you sense they are open (a hungry fish), ask the two diagnostic questions.
Two Diagnostic Questions:
- “Have you come to the place in your own spiritual life where you know for certain that you have eternal life? That is, do you know for sure that if something were to happen to you, that you would go to heaven? Or, is that something you would say you’re still working on?”
- “If something WERE to happen to you and you found yourself standing before God, and He were to say to you, ‘Why should I let you into My heaven,’ what would you say to Him?”
Let me know how it goes. I’d love to hear from you.