Our vision is to glorify God by using the glasses project to enable people around the world to read the Bible, and to show the love of Christ in presenting the Gospel, the “GOOD NEWS” that JESUS saves sinners!
2 Timothy 2:2 (KJV)
And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
These are several ways to use the EE-GFM program.
- Pastor or church worker recruits and picks-out a team of volunteers to be trained to fabricate the reading glasses and use the eye test kit.
- Train the team to make the glasses (allow about 8 hrs. for training).
- Team makes up and labels many pairs of reading glasses.
- Pastor or church worker determines time and place for distribution of reading glasses.
- Pastor or church worker has card made-up with blanks for: name, address, phone, power of lenses needed, and answers to EE diagnostic questions.
- Pastor or church worker recruits EE trained team to present Gospel.
- At time and place of distribution, the person testing eyes sees to it that the name and address is filled-out, tests eyes, writes in the prescription and answer to the diagnostic questions (W-works or S-saved) and refers prospect to EE evangelist.
- After Gospel presentation, prospect is given his or her new reading glasses, follow-up literature, and written invitation to church with times of service, etc.
- Prospect’s card is put in file for follow-up.
Same as Plan A, except that team makes the reading glasses on-location at distribution , or just frames are made ahead of time and the lens are put in as needed.
- Homeless, Rescue Missions, prison work release etc. EE team, visits, tests eyes, present Gospel, fills-out information card.
- Bring and present glasses on follow-up visit. Note: if they did not pray on the first visit, share again; maybe then they are ready now.
- Set up table, work station, booth, at convention, Flea Market or wherever people gather.
- Team tests eyes, presents Gospel and makes Glasses.
- Donations could be accepted for the glasses and the money used to provide glasses, Bibles, and EE literature for those that cannot afford them.
Distribution could be on a weekly or monthly basis and set up to coincide with the regular EE on-the-job training and follow-up.
To learn how your church can be equipped to more effectively share the Gospel, visit EE International’s Steps to Life Gospel outline.