Seven Ways to Witness to Your Family this Christmas posted by Ken Silva on Dec 20, 2011
The Christmas season is one of the most natural times to share the love of Christ with our family members. Just remember to be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit and ask for wisdom that you might join God is what He is doing rather than forcing anything to happen. You may be planting or watering and God may even bring a Christmas harvest.
1. Read the Christmas Story (Luke 2) and share a recent God Story of your own (something God has done in your experience). “You shall call His name Immanuel, which translated means, ‘God is with us.’” “This is how I know that God has been with me…”
2. Have the children enact the manger scene. Read it from Luke 2 in “The Message.” T- shirts make great head coverings and bathrobes tunics.
3. Around the dinner table, have everyone share “What Christmas means to me.” You can share the gift of forgiveness or salvation.
4. Wrap a present labeled “From God.” Place a “baby Jesus” in it along with a verse to be read, John 3:16-18. You may want to share, “What Jesus the gift of Jesus has meant to me this year.”
5. If you have young children, serve a birthday cake after dinner decorated with “Happy Birthday Jesus.” Share how Jesus’ birth provides gifts for us.
6. Research “The Story of the Candy Cane” on line and share it as a way to give your own personal testimony of God’s gift of Grace.
7. Research the history behind the real Saint Nicholas, he was a believer you know. Check it out at www.christianitytoday.com/ch/news/2004/nick.html